Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

In My Mailbox- Week of April 5 + Retrospective

No vlog this week, sorry. I got quite a few books but really only care about a couple, so I'll be showing those off rather than all books received. Here we go:


Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.



Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
While other teenage girls daydream about boys, Calla Tor imagines ripping out her enemies’ throats. And she wouldn’t have it any other way. Calla was born a warrior and on her eighteenth-birthday she’ll become the alpha female of the next generation of Guardian wolves. But Calla’s predestined path veers off course the moment she saves the life of a wayward hiker, a boy her own age. This human boy’s secret will turn the young pack's world upside down and forever alter the outcome of the centuries-old Witches' War that surrounds them all.


The Love Shack by Lila Castle
Pete and Annabelle live for their summers together on Gingerbread Beach. They've always believed they were a perfect pair… until junior year, when Annabelle becomes obsessed with astrology. Now they can hardly stand each other. Pete thinks that Annabelle (a Leo) has become a total flake; Annabelle thinks Pete (a Scorpio) has become an uptight jerk.

When Annabelle dares Pete to open a summer business on the Boardwalk generating personalized horoscopes, their fast-paced, hilarious bickering soon rises to a fever pitch. The he-said/she-said advice of the Star Shack is wildly popular and seems able to fix any relationship problem… except their own.

But when one of Annabelle's star charts helps catch a thief, Pete might have to admit that the stars could really hold the key to the future… and to his own heart.

-- Got this from Lila herself (signed and everything) and it was the FIRST thing (aside from a bill- sigh) I got at my new townhouse! How exciting is that?!


I think that's about it for the exciting books this week. I should hopefully be getting some awesome stuff next week too at my new place. :) Which reminds me that I never told everyone about this. I have moved to a new place- this really wonderful townhouse- with my roommate/best friend; it happened earlier this month and it's awesome. Once I get everything unpacked and all, pictures will be taken and I'll put them up on the blog. Or maybe do a video tour sometime? So don't be alarmed when you see a completely new place in my vlogs, lol.

Anyway, retrospective time!:

Monday- I reviewed Swoon at Your Own Risk by Sydney Salter.

Wednesday- I wrote up my recap of the VA Festival of the Book with pictures!

Friday- I interviewed the lovely and awesome Justina Chen Headley, author of Nothing But the Truth (and a few white lies), Girl Overboard, and North of Beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you got Linger and Nightshade!!! I am sooo jealous! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nightshade 0________0 Cool!!! Can't wait to hear your review. Happy Reading XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books. Happy reading! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! They are on my wishlist. I can't wait to read them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete