Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ask Book Chic (10)

Kelsey asks "What character, from any book, would you be most willing to date?"

This is a different question, but I touched on this a bit back in this post (the first Ask Book Chic on this site!). My answer still remains Jonathan Parrish from Straight Road to Kylie by Nico Medina. I. LOVE. HIM.

Aside from him, I think I'd also enjoy dating Jamie from the Demon's series by Sarah Rees Brennan. He's so funny and sounds adorable and I don't care if he's gone evil or whatever, I want him! Please be mine, Jamie!

I also mentioned Tiny Cooper in that post above. He was really sweet and seemed like such a great guy. He deserves the best and I hope he found it in the ending, but I'll never know BECAUSE THE BOOK WAS ENDED ABRUPTLY AND WITH NO RESOLUTION TO THAT STORYLINE (AMONG OTHERS)!!

No, I'm not still bitter about the ending. Why do you ask?

I did quite enjoy will grayson (the gay, uncapitalized one) too, but I think he'd be too emo for me. But I think I would like to shower him with cuddles. He needs them.

I also have crushes on straight male characters too, but I figured I'd spotlight the gay ones since I would actually have a shot with them, if they were, you know, real (and also legal- I am still 24).

Bailey asks "My Question: I am new to the blogging world and I am 16. I enjoy reading YA romance and also adult romance. Do you think it's okay for a 16 year old to review adult romance?"

I don't see why not. It's your blog- you can review whatever you like! If your current readers don't like them, they'll skip over them, but there are plenty of people who will pick up the slack and comment on your adult romance reviews. Don't be afraid to switch things up just because of your age or anything else. Also, I know a 15 year old gay boy who reads and reviews adult romance on his blog. If you're mature enough to handle adult romance, I don't see why you shouldn't review it on your blog as well.

Alexa asks "Questions - 1) Why blogger? 2) Do you looks at your stats and, um, how do you do this (I know I'm such a technical genius!) 3) i=If you do check your stats does that influence what you post? 4) If you were having a dinner party which five authors would you invite?"

First off, you ask way too many questions, lol. :P Just kidding. Thanks for all these!

1) Well, I originally started out as Myspace but by the time 2009 rolled around, no one was really paying much attention to it. I already had a livejournal account that was personal and now only use it to read author blogs, but didn't think it was a good fit for a new blog space. I had no idea how to deal with Wordpress. I went with Blogger because everyone else seemed to have one and they all loved it. So I joined the horde. What can I say? I'm a follower with no mind of my own.

2) Believe me, I know nothing too. I'm pretty sure I asked Kristi about how to add it and look at it and all that. I still don't think my Google Analytics works properly but I don't know how to fix it. I do use Sitemeter which is a lot easier because they send me a report every week telling me everything I need to know! That's usually what I use (along with Follower count) when publishers ask for stats, which isn't too often but it has happened.

3) My stats aren't that specific. I know they could be but again, I'm not a technical genius (or even competent) so mine just tells me how many people showed up day-to-day and a final weekly count. So my stats don't influence what I post at all. I continue to blog blissfully unaware of what my readers like and don't like. ;) I should probably do one of those things where I ask people what they like and where I can improve but I am too lazy, lol.

4) Thank you for only asking who'd I'd invite instead of also including what I'd serve and all that. I'm not that creative. Anyway, my 5 authors would be:
1) Meg Cabot (duh!)
2) Michele Jaffe (because her and Meg together are HILARIOUS)
3) Ellen Hopkins (because she keeps getting disinvited to places- what's up with that?! She's AWESOME!)
4) Markus Zusak (because I need my eye candy; close contenders include Jon Skovron, Dan Elconin and John Green), and finally
5) Carol Burnett (because I love her so much. hey, she's written some books; ok, they're autobiographies but STILL BOOKS!)

2 comments: