Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti


So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti
"When Brooke's crush, Scott, moves from their suburban town to New York City, she decides to follow him there. Living with her formerly estranged dad and adapting to a new school are challenging, and things go from bad to worse when Brooke learns that Scott already has a girlfriend. But as she builds her new life, Brooke begins to discover a side of herself she never knew existed. And as she finds out, in the city that never sleeps, love can appear around any corner..."- summary from Amazon

It has been way too long since I've read a Susane Colasanti book (the last one I read was my first- Take Me There when it came out) and I've felt bad about it, but now even more so after having read this book because it was awesome. I have a feeling I'll be reading and reviewing Waiting for You and Something Like Fate soon.

Colasanti's writing just flows so well and I really enjoyed Brooke as a character. I also liked Colasanti's secondary characters too- they were fleshed out and fun to read about. I particularly liked John and his quirky nature.

I don't want to say much about the romance because I don't know if it's a spoiler or not, but I will say I felt that it was handled realistically. Colasanti really knows how to build romance up; this isn't one of those love-at-first-sight books that seem to be cropping up in the past couple years.

Colasanti really made New York feel like another character. I loved it when Brooke was going around the city on her own or with friends because it really felt like I was there. It was a great setting to choose and she used it to its full capacity.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and flew through it quickly. Now I have to go read my copies of her other books!

FTC: Received ARC from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

2 comments:

  1. I just won this book on Melissa Walker's blog. I am really excited to read it, I like her first two books but Something Like Fate was okay. Glad you enjoyed it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a book by Suzanne Colasanti, but now I will definitely make a point to! So Much Closer sounds really good! (I love that the romance is built up well. There isn't enough of that nowadays!)

    ReplyDelete