Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ask Book Chic (26)

It's been a LOOOONNNGGG time since I've done one of these, so I figured I needed to post one! Enjoy!

Molly asks "My question which YAL book character do you relate to the most and why. BTW, I enjoy your blog. I can always know what to pick up by reading this."

That's so sweet of you to say! I would say I relate to Jonathon from Straight Road to Kylie by Nico Medina the most because I'm on the lookout for love and it's a hard journey. I hope I can have a happy ending like his! Plus, we both love Kylie Minogue! :)


Liviania asks "Have you ever said anything on your blog that you regret?"

Nope. I always stand by what I say, and spend a lot of time thinking about I want to say and how to say it before posting it. Even if it's against the grain (like my post earlier this week about snark in reviews and DNF reviews), it's still my opinion and I have the right to say it. Also, I'm always right so there's no need for regret. :P


kallosmango123 asks "i just wanted to ask What your best 2011 read so far is."

Yeah, a bit late on this one, lol. I actually revealed my Top 10 earlier this month- Part 1 and Part 2- and it's a great list. For 2012 so far, my favorite read has been Cinder by Marissa Meyer (review posted yesterday). I also really liked My Awesome/Awful Popularity Plan by Seth Rudetsky (review posted last Saturday) and The Selection by Kiera Cass (small review on Goodreads, full review in April).


Ronyka7 asks "my question is simple... I just started a blog this year (note: this was from back in 2011), I only have 9 followers. How long did it take for you to have so many followers and how did you get noticed by publishers?"

It's taken me a long time to get as many followers as I have- the way to do it (and also getting noticed by publishers) is to just keep posting quality reviews and other posts as well as network by commenting on other blogs and being on Twitter. Other bloggers, book lovers, and publishers will eventually notice you and give you the follow and, in the case of publishers, review copies. Good luck!!


Farrah asks "Question: What book/books would you take on a long plane ride?"

Honestly, just whatever I have to read for review at that time, lol. I don't do a whole lot of non-review reading and usually don't have the time to re-read faves, so the list would constantly change.


Total Book Nerd asks "My question is when and if you do procrastinate, what activity or thing made you want to procrastinate? To break it down, What are you usually doing when you're procrastinating? LOL."

Usually it's the internet that distracts me at any time, though sometimes it's also watching TV or DVDs. But the internet is the main one with Twitter, Youtube, tons of awesome blogs, GChat, and so many other things.


These are the last questions I have, so I'm all out!! If you have any new questions for me, leave a comment or send me an email! I'd really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this feature on your blog! I read your review of Cinder and am anxious to get a copy of it. It sounds like an awesome read!

    ReplyDelete