Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Farewell to Charms by Lindsey Leavitt


A Farewell to Charms by Lindsey Leavitt
"Desi Bascomb is a princess substitute prodigy—she's the fastest employee ever to advance to level three in the Facade Agency, and the youngest to ever be a full-time sub. But now with all eyes on Desi, the only thing she wants is a moment alone to talk to Reed, who's a Façade legacy and secretly a sub for princes!

As Desi trains for her new role, she spies more than a few cracks in Façade’s perfect appearance. But uncovering the agency’s dark past might require more than a princess sub can handle by herself. Desi is no damsel in distress, but sometimes a girl needs a knight in shining armor."- summary from Amazon

This series is SO ADORABLE and I hate to see it go, but I do think Leavitt left it in a great place. I felt very satisfied after finishing this book. I loved returning to Desi's voice and world; it's such an interesting concept and learning more about Facade and how it works was very cool. Desi's first princess adventure in this book was very fun and action-packed too.

I liked her relationship with Reed and felt it was pretty realistic in dealing with all the obstacles and secret-keeping that arose. I also liked this specific moment with Kylie, Desi's best friend, and of course the general friendship they have. There's a couple great twists at the end too that worked perfectly.

Overall, this is a fantastic end to a wonderful trilogy. It's a perfect middle-grade series and if you haven't read it yet, do so now!

FTC: Received hardcover from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it!!
    I'm still waiting for my copy because I ordered the paperback.
    : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was amazing!!! The romance between Reed and Desi wasn't too gooey and it made you want more. Desi's character was really like able and I thought it was clever how the author made Desi and Reed sub at the same time as Karl and Elsa. I hope there is another book!

    ReplyDelete