Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood


Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood
"With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war."- summary from Amazon

First off, if you haven't read this series yet, just leave this review and go read it now. That's how good this is.

For those who've read the first book and loved it, this sequel will absolutely not disappoint. I could not put this book down and loved following Cate's adventures within the Sisterhood. There's several twists and turns, and crazy stuff happens. I loved seeing Cate and Finn together again- those two are just so fun to read about!!

I don't know what else to say because I don't want to reveal too much since it's a sequel, but I will warn you about the ending. It's a huge cliffhanger and you will be upset and may cry a bit (I teared up when I read it). Let's just hope Book 3 doesn't have a delay like Book 2 did because I need to read the conclusion as soon as possible.

Overall, a fantastic follow-up to Born Wicked, and a wonderful take on witches. I cannot wait to see how the trilogy concludes!

FTC: Received ARC from publisher. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why but I haven't read this series. Thanks for the great review, you're making me think I should start it.

    Ann@Blogging E-books

    ReplyDelete