Picture drawn by Maggie Stiefvater, 2009. Header made by S.F. Robertson, 2010.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean

We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean
"Murder.

Fire.

Revenge.

That’s all seventeen-year-old Alice Monroe thinks about. Committed to a mental ward at Savage Isle, Alice is haunted by memories of the fire that killed her boyfriend, Jason. A blaze her twin sister Cellie set. But when Chase, a mysterious, charismatic patient, agrees to help her seek vengeance, Alice begins to rethink everything. Writing out the story of her troubled past in a journal, she must confront hidden truths. Is the one person she trusts only telling her half the story?"- summary from Amazon

I really enjoyed this book- it was a quick read for me with all the suspense and reveals that happen throughout the story. Alice seems like a reliable narrator but as the book goes on, Jean shows little cracks and doubts in the story, making readers wonder what is really going on. The big reveal was a surprise to me, but I tend to not think too much about the books I'm reading as I read them. And it's interesting to see how the story ends too; it makes me want to read more from Jean.

FTC: Received e-galley from Netgalley. Link above is an Amazon Associate link; any profit goes toward funding contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment